Step 3 - Your Proposal
Please review the following requirements and attach necessary documents before submitting your application.
Please include the following documents and upload a single .zip file.
- A proposal, in 6 pages or less, that includes the following:
- Your mission and an overview of the organization's programs
- A description of the project you are seeking funding for, including:
- How this project fits your mission and the Schmidt Foundation's mission
- Grant goals (short-, intermediate-, and long-term)
- Implemention plan to achieve the goals
- Expected impact on the community (what will change as a result of the project?)
- How you will document and measure (evaluate) wahtever changes occurs.
- Partners in the community that are also working on the same issues, and how you are coordinating with them.
- The plan for securing funding beyond the grant period.
- List of principal staff that will be working on the program/project and their qualifications;
- List of other funding sources for this project, showing anticipated amounts funded.
- Financial statements, to include:
- Your organization's current operating budget
- The project's budget
- Most recent income and expense sheet
- Most recent balance sheet
- Only if applying online - Most recent Form 990
- A copy of the IRS letter determining 501(c)(3) nonprofit status (only required if this is your first application to the foundation)
Click here or drag to select a .zip file